Saturday, November 24, 2007

"Micah's mom"

I walked passed our little 2-year old neighbor, Ben, today and he said, "It's Micah's mom."

Wow. I am Micah's mom, not Amy, but "Micah's mom"; a mom. I'm certain Ben doesn't even know my name. It's a funny thing that--and amazing as well. And I'm not just a mom of a baby, but of a growing little boy. Powerful stuff. Perhaps it is weaning (Finally! some of you may be saying!), perhaps it realizing that with this whole job market thing and the impending move we have to consider things like school districts, childcare changes and the like. I am really feeling like a parent these days. I'm not in this novel role of a new mom with a baby, but rather a parent with a little boy, who is increasingly needing not just the basics of life:to be kept merely alive and well, but rather help nurturing his personality, his learning and DISCIPLINE. But enough of my mundane maternal musings. Bring us the boy!

This video was actually taken a while back, but you may have noticed we've been a bit 'er lax in the blogging of late. Better late than never!



And like father like son:
Clearly I did not demonstrate to Micah that he could wedge his rocking horse up against the dresser to better climb up it. No, he figured that one out all on his own...

1 comment:

JoSco said...

Thanks, Cuz! That gives me some very good ideas...