Monday, March 12, 2007

9 months old!



So on Joey's 5 month birthday I finally got around to posting Micah's 9 month old birthday shots from 3 days ago. I know, I know...I'm disappointed I didn't do it last Friday too.

p.s I forgot to include the stats:
Length/Height: 29 3/4" - 90th percentile
Weight: 21 lb 5 oz - 50 to 75th percentile (I know, wide margin, huh?)

In terms of other developments I only just picked up "What to Expect" the other day and realized that he could be playing patty-cake with us or waving bye-bye--if only we were doing those things religiously with him. Not surprisingly when the doctor interviewed me, "So does he play patty cake?" "No." "Wave bye-bye?" "No." "Say 'mama' or 'dada'?" "No--and I've been really working on that one too." "Make any other sounds?" "Does growling count?...Oh! 'ba-ba-ba'!" (I beam with what appears to be my only point of pride this visit) "Point to something he wants?" "No, he just goes to whatever he wants."

The rest of the visit was basically focused on how Micah could die or get seriously injured if we, as parents, aren't continually looking out for potential hazards to his life. In case you were wondering... nearly EVERYTHING appears to be a potential hazard to his life.

In sum, we have a skinny, tall (long?) baby who ends up looking a lot older than he really is, who could die at any given moment due to our negligence and his own fine tuned mobility and penchant for mischief and can't even cry "mama!" or "dada!" for help.

1 comment:

JoSco said...

That's ok - my mom hasn't gotten around to posting my 5 month update, either. Congrats Micah - I wish I was a big as you! I'm working on catching up...