Monday, January 22, 2007

almost crawling

So my friend Chrisy informed me yesterday that she predicts Micah will be crawling in two days. Given this is the woman who had to come over and teach me how to burp my own baby when he was a week old, I trust her completely. After quietly watching Micah play today I am even more convinced. He is getting pretty darn good at the backwards crawl--which of course frustrates him to no end given that he gets farther, not closer, to the object that he covets. But of course rolling to it is also apparently an option. I can see he is prepping those biceps and triceps for forward mobility every time he gets on all fours, sticks his bum in the air and revs back and forth. This motion has also enabled him to get from all fours back to a seated position. Which is great because I hear that incessant "I can't-get-up-whine" less and less. Of course instead of a whine I get silence...which unnerves me even more. I seriously need to baby proof. Oh crumb.

1 comment:

JoSco said...

Wow - you are really motoring! I wish I could do that. I've been working on jumping off people's laps but so far they won't let me do it. I can also turn around in at least a half-circle while on my back, but you'll have to teach me that backwards crawl move next time we get together!