Monday, August 13, 2007

New kicks

Baby needs a new pair of shoes! The Robeez have served us well. We had a menagerie of cute soft soled booties over the past year (monkeys, lions and geckos--oh my!). But alas, that soft leather sole is no match for Micah. Note the hole in the toe!

It was time for the next milestone: a proper pair of shoes. I'll admit to being fairly excited by this whole new shoe market to explore, but the sticker price was a bit of a shock (smaller shoes with less material should equal lower prices, no?) and once again the girls-clothes-are-cuter-rule proved true for the shoe market as well. Plus I reckon baby is going need a new pair of shoes every 6 months or so but....

Damn! those are some cute kicks! Fresh off the See Kai Run Fall run way:

There was a tenuous moment where we thought Micah's puff foot was going to mean a lifetime of dorky orthopedic shoes, but Dad stepped in and with a a little cranking, we got it on! Phew!

2 comments:

JoSco said...

Hey - I just got the geckos! Great minds think alike... although, they already seem tight, so I don't know how long they'll be around.

thepockmark said...

I'm having a hard time with the whole postmodern split point-of-view narrative going on here. Sometimes you're Micah, sometimes you're Mommy. Interesting, though. Very Faulkner.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the whole bunch of you Grossmans - I am coming back to California on August 29, for an indeterminate amount of time! Micah will have no frickin idea who I am, even though I am one of the first dozen or so people that he met in his life. So that will have to be remedied, quickly.