Thursday, February 22, 2007

the latest plastic monstrosity

One tidbit of advice for new parents: rechargeable batteries

It seems despite my best efforts I can't stay clear of the battery operated plastic "educational learning" toys they market to children. (Who am I kidding, that they market to me!) I have no one to blame but myself mind you, I'm the one who buys (some) of them. My only consolation is that I never pay full price, opting instead to buy used items on such valuable sites such as the Berkeley Parents Network. Thank god for BPN! I basically "rent" these toys until I can resell them and thus cleanse my home of their temporary presence and validity in Micah's ever-changing world.

Recall our earlier beast, the exersaucer. Well we've moved on (and it has moved out--thank god!) Here is the latest monstrosity: the leap frog learning table


Here he is deeply engrossed:

No comments: