Sunday, December 31, 2006

ch-ch-ch-changes


So the new year is going to bring about some major changes. First the diaper situation. After nearly seven months, and before Micah graduates to the next size diaper wrap, we are abandoning the cloth diapers and our faithful diaper service with ABC diapers in favor of the g-diaper system. I'll admit--the two weeks of disposable diapers spoiled us with their ease and at least g-diapers are disposable and biodegradable. This is important given that standard disposable diapers are the #1 waste product filling up our landfills and take over 500 years to biodegrade. I'm looking forward to the switch given that we have had to use disposable diapers at night for a while now and while we receive the smallest amount of cloth diapers a week allowable (50) we don't use all of them. I'm hoping by buying what we only use the increased price of the g-diapers will be offset. These suckers even claim to be flushable AND they have a very cute colorful cloth cover with a little "g" on the butt that we'll just say stands for "grossman"--these details are very important for something you defecate into, really.

Perhaps the biggest change of all is in the motility department. Now I've seen the writing on the wall for a while now, but I feel like we are in this spiral that is gaining momentum quickly. I swear it was just yesterday that Micah pulled himself up to standing, then this morning Zack and I watched (in horror on my part) as Micah sort of crawled--albeit backwards--and his formerly imperceptable movements were as clear as day. The child manuevered a full 3 and half feet from his seated position on the mat, did a 180 and reached longingly at the bookshelf. SH*T! I know I've joked before about binding his feet, but it really is looking more appealing. Am I awful? Say, "no."