Friday, October 13, 2006

Total fluke


Yeah, well THAT was short lived. To be honest though, we have come along way in the sleep department. Micah doesn't feed nearly as often through the night and typically gives us 4 hour chunks of sleep (believe me, that is an improvement). I have taken matters into my own hands, however (I suppose that's what mother's are meant to do). I took out an incredible book from the library, "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" and I can only say I wish I had read it before he was born (Melodie-if you're reading this, I already got you covered). I had to laugh at the oh-so-terribly-English author's description of the typical client who seeks her services...it was basically us, right down to the not buying a crib and the time line where co-sleeping lost its allure. We parted company, however, when her typical client went from the Sear's method to the other extreme of the baby sleeping continuum, Ferberizing our baby (though I admit, letting him cry it out was seeming a bit more attractive). After reading her book in a day, I must admit, nap times yesterday worked like a charm--and I didn't have to nurse him to put him down. It was amazing, things progressed just as the author said they would. Bedtime was a little more tricky as Micah is VERY accustomed to his nightly milk fix to knock him out--but he eventually fell asleep. Wish us luck.

p.s. We bought a crib

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures. I love the ones of Isa and Micah.
We also have ugly dolls...Ox and Babo and Cinko. It seems they are good for all ages :)
Hope you get some sleep soon!
Huges and kisses to Micah.