Wednesday, October 11, 2006

4 months and miracle of miracles...



Monday marked Micah's 4th month postpartum and that night we received a most special anniversary present. Imagine my shock and surprise when I woke myself up at the usual 2 am feeding time to....the sweet sounds of a sleeping babe. I fell back asleep in contented bewilderment. When Micah finally woke to feed...a full 7 hours and 10 minutes after being put down (lets repeat that folks, OVER 7 hours later) I was almost excited to feed him. Of course he had given me the gift of so much consecutive sleep that when he fell quietly back asleep, I lay awake in bed. Hunger finally got the better of me and there I was scrambling eggs at 5:30 am while everyone else slept merrily along. Don't worry, I managed to enjoy a few more winks.

So was it a fluke? I promised myself I wouldn't get too excited and treat it as the anomaly it probably was. But then Micah slept for 6 straight hours last night! There may be something special about 4 months after all...Of course by writing this all down I have condemn myself to certain disappointment and weeks of hourly feedings around the clock just for merely even suggesting that Micah may be leaning towards sleeping through the night. I'll keep you all posted as I lay my sweet babe down with bated breath.

1 comment:

Mel said...

He just gets cuter every day! Especially the face he's making on the bed photo.