Friday, October 16, 2009

In honor of Joey

To celebrate Joey's birthday properly on Monday I took Micah for a post-Levi-Momma-and-Me excursion to.....drum roll please....DISNEYLAND! Yes, I willingly took my 3 year old to the place that no longer claims to be the happiest place on earth--and lived to tell the tale. I spent a rather enjoyable 12 hours at the park with Micah, who at 40.5" was tall enough for every ride, except Indiana Jones. Did I think it wise to take my 3 year old on Space Mountain, even though he technically could ride? No, I did not. But he did go on Splash Mountain and on the last big dip (reportedly 5 stories tall) I felt his little body tense up, then upon impact and the giant Splash! a, "THAT was FUN, Momma!"

We got all the way through the line on Pirates of the Caribbean, when Micah said, "I'm scared Momma". Thankfully we had not invested too much time waiting in line so I was happy to skip across the waiting boat and enter the light again.

Waiting in line at Disneyland: the other key "attraction" but nothing a churro couldn't fix.
It's a small world:
I am proud to say Micah made it over 8 hours before his first, "I want" tantrum (it was a laser from the Buzz Lightyear ride that conveniently spits you out in a gift shop when you disembark your space craft). I'm even prouder to say he didn't get one. (Incidentally I had no idea Micah knew who Buzz Lightyear was, but he recognized him alright!) We went on Astroblasters 4 times:
Micah elevates us in our rocket (we later went on this at night)


Afterall Disneyland at night is the best:
Pinocchio says, "put your hands in the air if you're a true player!"
Who's the best momma? Alright, "best" is questionable, but I definitely got some brownie points.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Dude... I'm totally impressed that you did that.

I live down the street and I can't even imagine it.

Micah is totally lucky.

JoSco said...

Any interest in going again in January...???

JoSco said...

Oh, and by the time Joe is done with Micah, he'll know every Thomas train, Cars car, and super hero. And we don't actually let him watch or read about super heroes...