Saturday, May 02, 2009

T-minus 5 weeks

Yesterday marked five weeks until my birth/giving birth day...Yikes!

Micah's sense of time is a bit off and he is extremely focused on HIS impending birthday. (You can imagine his reaction when I told him it would be Daddy's, then Mama's THEN Micah's birthday.) Why it has to be THIS year that he is so clued in I don't know. After two successful over-the-top birthdays with multiple homemade cakes, cupcakes and ice cream, why the year I was hoping to bow out with a Safeway cake and little to no fan fare does he have to mention his birthday party (and cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles) at least once a day? Of course anyone who knows me, knows that there will be no store bought cake, and even if in the midst of labor pains, I'll probably be whipping up cream cheese frosting. I've managed to let some things go this pregnancy, but not everything.

Then there is the impending move. While we are actually already homeowners, we thought we'd make it a little more interesting and move that much closer to my due date and the end of the quarter for Zack. Family shot in front of the "sold" sign will be forth coming. The new house is about a 10 minute walk to this place:



1 comment:

JoSco said...

Seriously, sis - take a pass this year on the baking. Two words: "Thomas Cake". We still hear about our store bought thomas cake EVERY DAY since his 2nd birthday... it tasted great, but even if it had tasted like saw dust, it would have still been the best cake ever. He's going to be disappointed when we don't have one for my birthday, too.